Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Review: Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry

3 stars

Overall, Gathering Blue was a unique story that was simply not entertaining enough. The idea of a future in which technology does not predominate and has completely disappeared instead is original, but the story could have been so much better.

I had greater expectations for this book as many people have told me that Lowry's novel The Giver is excellent. I have yet to read that one though and now I have mixed feelings about whether I should give that book a try.

Gathering Blue was quite boring at times and very predictable. I could see where the story was going very early on during my reading.

This is my second Lois Lowry novel; A Summer to Die was FAR better in my opinion!

Overall, the book was just "OK" for me.

Originally reviewed on Goodreads.



No comments:

Post a Comment